FIREWORKS SAFETY TIPS
We hope that you will enjoy the fun and excitement of your Northstar Fireworks fireworks, and that you will do so in a safe and careful manner. Fireworks can provide hours of wholesome, family entertainment, but they can also be dangerous and must be used by adults carefully and safely.
To insure the safety of both the audience and those lighting the fireworks, we recommend that you obey the following safety measures during your fireworks display.
- Observe local laws and use good common sense
- Always purchase fireworks from reliable sources
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person
- Use fireworks outdoors in a clear area away from buildings and vehicles
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket or shoot them into metal or glass containers
- FAA regulations prohibit the possession and transportation of fireworks in your checked or carry-on baggage
- Light one firework at a time, then move back quickly
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
Visit the links below to learn more about fireworks storage, laws and safety.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
- National Fire Protection Association
- The American Pyrotechnics Association
- The National Fireworks Association
- The Pyrotechnics Guild Association
- The National Council on Fireworks Safety